Wednesday, September 29, 2004

It is nice to have a nice surpise every once in a while...

Yesterday or the day before I was working on an issue one of our customers had, and I thought Hey I am going to try something I never tried before.
Well we at Borland had this tool called TDUMP, or Turbo Dump (that should give you an idea how old it is) it is the equivalent to DUMPBIN from MS. It basically dumps file information from various binary file formats, like any PE binaries, COFF OBJ, libs etc. (and a couple of undocumented formats) Well this customer issue appeared to something related to the debug information generated for his application. The Borland debug info files have the extention of TDS (Turbo Debugger Symbols) ... So I though what da hell let's try TDUMP on TDS files, you guessed it... there all the debug information is dumped out in plain text (LOT of TEXT)!

It made my day!

Thanks Eli or Matt or whoever did it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home